Health and Safety Practices
Version: 21 February 2023
Optica event management is monitoring national and local health guidelines in preparation for our events. This page reflects enhanced safety measures that have been put in place and current rules and expectations. Information on this page will be updated as necessary.
Before You Leave Home
Optica encourages all attending to:
- Get your flu shot, if available to you in your country.
- Get your COVID vaccines and booster shots.
- Test regularly as the most effective way to detect COVID and isolate if you are infected.
For U.S.-Based Events
In accordance with current CDC guidelines as of 10 September 2022, international travelers to the United States must show proof of vaccination against COVID before boarding a flight to the country. Visit the CDC website for more information.
What to Expect at an Optica Meeting
- We strongly recommend you self-test before leaving home and upon arriving in the meeting location.
- The Frontiers in Optics website will be a resource for international attendees who may need to secure testing to return to their country, or for any attendee who is feeling unwell and would like to get tested.
- COVID vaccination records will not be required/checked onsite this year. However, we strongly encourage COVID vaccination and boosters, as vaccines are proven to reduce the threat of critical illness.
- We strongly encourage you to get your flu shot, if available to you in your country, to further reduce the threat of illness.
- Masks will be available upon request on site.
- Mask wearing for Optica Meeting participants will be a matter of personal choice and preference, and we encourage everyone to be respectful of mask decisions made by other individuals. Wear a mask indoors if you are more comfortable; we ask that you respect those around you that choose to do so.
- We advise high-risk individuals, and those with family or colleagues who are at a higher risk of getting COVID, to wear a CDC-recommended mask, such as the N95 type.
- Wash hands frequently, including after utilizing washroom facilities.
- Use hand sanitizer.
If you have specific questions that are not addressed here, please contact email@example.com.