An All-virtual Format for the 2020 Conference
The health and safety of our conference attendees is always of primary importance, and especially so in this current environment. OSA and APS/DLS, after assessing health and travel advisories related to COVID-19, have decided to present this year’s conference as scheduled, but in an all-virtual, web conference format.
Technical sessions will be presented live from the Eastern Daylight Time Zone (EDT, GMT-04:00) with a recorded archive available later for on-demand viewing.
Contributing authors presenting an oral talk or poster will pay a US$ 100 publishing fee. There is no cost to participate as an attendee.
What Will be Presented Online?
All participants will receive access to the live technical sessions, recorded/archived content AND the Technical Digest. Access includes:
- Plenary sessions and Visionary talks
- All technical sessions (including invited speakers, contributed oral and poster presentations and postdeadline papers)
- Select industry-based, “show floor” programs
- Special events
The Virtual Presentation
- The virtual program will be presented live using the Zoom web conferencing platform.
- Presentations will be a hybrid of prerecorded content and live presentations — dependent upon speaker preference.
- All speakers will be given the opportunity to participate in Q&A during their session. The platform facilitates interactive, two-way communications between speakers and audience.
- All technical sessions will be recorded and made available to registrants for on-demand, archived viewing.